BFK ROATAN MISSION STATEMENT
BFK Roatan understands that its business activities impact the earth, its resources and the local community. Our aim is to do our best to protect the environment, improving our efforts to conserve resources, preserve natural habitats and minimize pollution. We are committed to a sustainable future also by developing best practice and procedure, improving our measuring performance and creating awareness and working together with our employees, suppliers and local communities.
We are committed to:
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained with the appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the community where we operate, and correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment.
- Conserve natural resources by adopting pollution prevention practices. Example: extending the life of equipment through preventive maintenance scheduling, purchasing and reworking used equipment etc.
- Develop and improve operations and technologies to minimize waste, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy when feasible.
- Participate in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding.
- Meet and exceed all applicable Honduran Government requirements.
- Strive to continually to improve BFK Roatan environmental management system.
- Promptly report all noncompliance issues in accordance with applicable reporting requirements, evaluate causes of noncompliance, and implement corrective actions.
- Establish procedures for periodic review of environmental compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Establish procedures to ensure that employees are knowledgeable and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Promptly correct any practice or condition not in compliance with this policy.